Tuesday, April 2, 2013

1. Rhubarb Cake



The first recipe I chose out of the box is the one that I saw first. I've made it before but never from the recipe card. Today's tasted better than ever before.


Mix together and let stand for 1 hour:
2 cups diced rhubarb
½ cup sugar

Mix together:
1 ½ cups sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
½ cup shortening

Add and mix well:
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk (or sub 1 cup milk plus 1 Tbl lemon juice)
1 tsp vanilla
Rhubarb/sugar mixture

Pour into buttered 9 x 12 pan

Completely mix together into crumble:
½ cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbl soft butter
Sprinkle over top of batter

Bake for 1 hour at 350
__________________________

Oops!
I followed Grandma’s recipe exactly, except I used a smaller pan. Smaller pan was not a good idea!
I think next time I might make ½ recipe and still use the smaller pan. Or just use the size pan I was supposed to use in the first place.

But it was yummy. I think this time was the yummiest ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment